Prestwick Tennis & Fitness - Covid 19 Safety Policy 4
This policy should be read in conjunction with the Tennis Scotland guidelines which can be found at https://bit.ly/327HPjN. The club will comply with the Tennis Scotland guidelines and will always consider safety first. We will also ensure that sufficient Covid 19 information will be provided to members, and that appropriate posters and signage are in place.
We will maintain strong communication links with all members ensuring they are kept up to date and achieve their full cooperation. A thorough risk assessment has been and will continue to be undertaken for the club and appropriate measures put in place to ensure members and staff are protected.
Covid Officer: Stewart Rogerson
- All indoor and outdoor courts will be open from Monday 31st August (6.00am to 10.00pm Monday to Friday, and 7.00am to 8.30pm Saturday and Sunday).
- The gym open from Monday 31st August (6.15am to 10.10pm Monday to Friday, and 7.15am to 8.10pm Saturday and Sunday).
- Toilet facilities will be open, however, changing room, showers and lockers will not be in use. Toilet facilities will be maintained within hygiene guideline set out by the Government.
- The Café will be open for food and drinks with a one metre social distancing zone in operation in this area.
- Users of the gym and tennis facilities will not be permitted to wait in the café area.
- The tennis court viewing gallery will be restricted to an exit route for the gym facility.
- Nets will be maintained at the correct height to avoid players having to adjust them as net winders will be removed.
- All other equipment and items will be removed from the courts (benches, bins and score boards).
Health & Safety
- Mandatory Face Coverings: All participants and visitors to the building will require to wear face coverings. If playing indoor tennis, players will be expected to wear face coverings before and after activity, or when in non- playing areas of the facility (e.g. reception area and toilets. Face coverings not required when eating in one metre zone in the café area.
- Please do not come to the club if you are showing symptoms of Covid 19.
- If you have a continuous cough, high temperature, or loss or change in taste or smell, then you should not take part in any activity, and should self isolate and request a coronavirus test right away. Further information is available at www.NHSinform.scot/test-and-protect or by calling 0800 028 2816 if you cannot get online
- Players are advised to bring their own sanitisers. However hand sanitiser are available throughout the centre both indoor and out.
- We have signage throughout the centre to help all staff, members and visitors.
- Regular cleaning of the gym equipment will be undertaken by gym staff all 4 zones of the gym. Gym staff will undertake a thorough clean between sessions,
- All common touch points throughout the building will be cleaned regularly.
- [NEW] Limits to group sizes for social gatherings do not apply to organised group tennis or gym activity. However, normal physical distancing and household number guidelines are applicable before and after playing tennis & fitness classes or when taking breaks.
- Measures are in place to minimise contact between people including in car parks and at entrances to court.
- Where safe and appropriate court gates will be kept open.
- Prestwick: Access to courts 1 and 2 via gate court 1
- Prestwick: Access to courts 3 and 4 via gate at the back of court 3.
- Prestwick: Access to courts 9 and 10 via gate court 9.
- Prestwick: Access to courts 11 and 12 via gate at court 12 overflow carpark.
- Prestwick (indoor): Access to court 5 from reception through door at court 6. Exit for court 5 through fire exit door on court 5 nearest reception.
- Prestwick (indoor): Access to court 6 from reception through door on court 6. Exit from fire exit at the back of court 6 beside outside hard courts.
- Prestwick (indoor): Access to court 7 from reception through door on court 7. Exit from fire exit at the back of court7 beside outside hard courts.
- Ayr Fort: Access through the gate at court 1 only.
- All gym users to enter the building via the main entrance past reception for all 4 zones which have been created to ensure members have a safe workout. The sign in Kiosk is in the café please wait socially distancing & the gym instructor will come and meet you.
- Zone 1: Along the corridor and through the main gym door
- Zone 2: Along the corridor and through the main gym door and up the stairs leading to the gym mezzanine area.
- Zone 3: Along the corridor through the gym and onto the indoor court 8 gym via the fire exit doors.
- Zone 4: Along the corridor past the café and into the right. (previous gym studio area)
Gym Classes access
- Participants to enter via the main entrance, through the main corridor, through the old gym area and enter the court 8 gym area by the fire exit doors on the far side of the building.
- Players should bring own rackets and tennis balls. However, use of communal rackets is permitted subject to thorough cleaning measures between use.
- If players use the rackets or share tennis balls they must use the sanitiser when leaving the court and wash their hands when they get home.
- Gym equipment will be cleaned by members after every use, and thoroughly cleaned by staff between sessions.
Bookings & Payments Tennis
- Members can book courts by contacting reception on 01292 474700. Reception is open from 9.00am -10.00pm (Monday to Friday) and 9.00am to 8.30pm (Saturday & Sunday).
- Members can book courts up to seven days in advance (non-members up to 3 days)
- Payment for indoor bookings member to be made on arrival.
- Payment for courts by non-members, and for any tennis balls required should be made by card payment over the phone at the time of booking.
- We are required to be provided with the names and contact details of players at the time of booking.
- Singles players can be from different household.
- Doubles pairings can be from different households.
- Group coaching: Juniors as per the LTA coach player ratios.
- Group coaching: Adults maximum of 30 players in total.
- Adults and children aged 12 and over do not need to physically distance during outdoor play but do before and after, and need to maintain physical distance at all times Indoor.
- Children aged 11 & under do not need to comply with physical distancing from each other at any time (including both indoor and outdoor activity.
- Players do not need to use their own marked tennis balls however extra care should be taken to avoid touching your face during play. Clean hands before and immediately afterwards.
- Avoid using your hands to pick up tennis balls that come onto your court from another – use a racket /foot to hit kick to return them to another court.
- Avoid chasing the ball down to another court if other players are using it
- If you need to sneeze or cough, do so into a tissue or upper sleeve
- Avoid touching your face
- To book your workout or class download the “My Wellness” App from Google Play or Appstore.
- Non-members please use contactless payment before accessing the studio.
Spectators are actively discouraged. Where attendance of parent or guardian or a carer for a disabled player is required this should be limited to 1 per player, with social distancing strictly observed.