Prestwick Tennis & Fitness - Covid 19 Safety Policy No 7
This policy should be read in conjunction with the Tennis Scotland guidelines which can be found at https://bit.ly/327HPjN. The club will comply with the Tennis Scotland guidelines and will always consider safety first. We will also ensure that sufficient Covid 19 information will be provided to members, and that appropriate posters and signage are in place.
We will maintain strong communication links with all members ensuring they are kept up to date and achieve their full cooperation. A thorough risk assessment has been and will continue to be undertaken for the club and appropriate measures put in place to ensure members and staff are protected.
Covid Officer: Stewart Rogerson
- All indoor courts open – access as noted below (nets to be maintained at correct height, winders, equipment, benches, bins, scoreboards removed)
- Outdoor courts open – access as detailed below (nets to be maintained at correct height, winders, equipment, benches, bins, scoreboards removed)
- Reception will again be open 9.00am-10.00pm Monday to Friday 9.00am -8.30pm Saturday & Sunday to book your courts please contact them on 01292 474700.
- The gym is now fully open.
- The Café is now fully open – separate guidelines displayed by Fresh and Tasty.
- Toilets are open, but at the present time the changing rooms and showers remain closed.
Health & Safety
- Please do not come to the club if you are showing symptoms of Covid 19.
- If you have a continuous cough, high temperature, or loss or change in taste or smell, then you should not take part in any activity, and should self-isolate and request a coronavirus test right away. Further information is available at www.NHSinform.scot/test-and-protect or by calling 0800 028 2816 if you cannot get online
- Players and gym users are advised to bring their own sanitisers. However hand sanitiser are available on the courts and throughout the building.
- Face masks to be worn throughout the building with the exception of the café area and whilst playing tennis on the courts.
- Players should try bring own rackets and tennis balls where possible.
- Limits to group sizes apply to organised outdoor and indoor adult group tennis activity. However, normal physical distancing and household number guidelines are applicable before and after playing tennis, or when taking breaks.
- Measures are in place to minimise contact between people including in car parks and at entrances to courts.
- Where safe and appropriate court gates will be kept open.
- Prestwick: Access to courts 1 and 2 via gate court 1
- Prestwick: Access to courts 3 and 4 via gate at the back of court 3.
- Prestwick: Access to courts 9,10,11,12 via gate court 9.
- Ayr Fort: Access through the gate at court 1 only.
- Gym Classes Indoor – arrive and depart through entrance to Court 8
Bookings & Payments Tennis
- Members can book courts by contacting reception on 01292 474700.
- Members can book courts up to seven days in advance (non-members up to 3 days)
- Payment for courts by non-members, should be made by card payment over the phone at the time of booking.
- We are required to be provided with the names and contact details of players at the time of booking.
- Adult Coaching Classes can now be indoor and outside.
- LD Junior and Adults to pay the coach in cash on arrival at the class.
- Singles players can be from different household.
- Doubles pairings can be from different household.
- Group coaching: Juniors as per the LTA coach player ratios.
- Group coaching/Matchplay: Adults maximum group size of 50 players in total outside and subject to coaching limits & court ratio Indoor.
- Adults and children aged 12 and over do not need to physically distance during outdoor play but do before and after maximum 8 people from 8 households, and a maximum of 6 people from 3 households before and after play Indoor.
- Children aged 11 & under do not need to comply with physical distancing from each other at any time (including both indoor and outdoor activity.
- Clean hands before and immediately afterwards.
- Avoid using your hands to pick up tennis balls that come onto your court from another – use a racket /foot to hit kick to return them to another court.
- Avoid chasing the ball down to another court if other players are using it
- If you need to sneeze or cough, do so into a tissue or upper sleeve
- Avoid touching your face
- To book your workout or class download the “My Wellness” App from Google Play or Appstore.
- Access to gym via one way system entering at reception and exiting through Court 8 door.
- Spectators are actively discouraged. Where attendance of parent or guardian or a carer for a disabled player is required this should be limited to 1 per player, with social distancing strictly observed.