AYRSHIRE OPEN TENNIS GRADE 3 TOURNAMENT
Online entries are now open for the 2019 Ayrshire Open Grade 3 tennis tournament.
This tournament is held at Prestwick over two weekends, this year the dates are 27th to 29th April and 3rd to 5th May 2019.
Full schedule of events can be found on the leaflets . Click here to download a copy.
With all players being guaranteed at least 2 matches and Men’s and Ladies events being TS Open 1000 Qualifying Events this is an excellent tournament for all ages and all abilities.
To enter visit https://www3.lta.org.uk/Competitions/Search/ Tournament Code: SSC19S0642
Events Finals day Saturday 28th October
Mens A & B Singles & Ladies Singles
Mens & Ladies Doubles
U18 Boys & Girls Singles and Doubles
U14 Boys & Girls Singles and Doubles
U10 Boys/Girls Singles & Doubles
U9 Boys/Girls Singles & Doubles
U8 Mixed Singles
The Mens singles will be split this year into a B and an A draw, the reason for this is there is a high number of county/national players playing this year. The A draw will be a draw of 16 players, 12 of these will be direct entry and 4 qualifiers (semi-finalists) from the B draw. The B draw will be played to completion with a final on finals day.
The B draw must have played to the semi-finals by the 7th of October prior to finals day on the 28th October. This gives the A draw 3 weeks to complete 3 matches up to the final.
We may potentially split the ladies depending on the level of entry.
All other singles and doubles must be played up to final by 27th of October
The Under 8/9/10s will be played on finals day starting at 10am
Players may enter 2 events only (apart from u8 which will be singles only)
How to Enter
- Go to reception
- Sign in sheets will be with the receptionist
- Put your name (partners name if doubles) and contact details on the relevant sheet.
Entry deadline and draw
Entry closes on 1st of September and the draw will be up on the notice board on the 4th of September.
Rules and guidelines
- The aim would be to complete 1 match per week from the start date. The player who is above in the draw must offer 3 reasonable times to play the match during that week.
- If there are any disputes regarding problems arranging the match or anything you are to contact Mark Openshaw (competition organiser) and a decision as to what to do will be made.
- Matches will be 2 full sets and a match tie break to 10 points as a 3rd set decider.
- When a time has been decided it is the choice of the player organising the match to decide the surface. (hard Court outdoors, grass outdoors, indoors hard court)
- The B draw must have played to the semi-finals 3 weeks (7th October) prior to finals day on the 28th October. This gives the A draw at least 3 weeks to complete 3 matches up to the final.
If you have any questions you can contact Mark Openshaw on 07718603696.
Adult Davis Cup - 11 December 2016
For all LTA tournaments please click this link