For the purposes of the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”) and UK data protection laws, the controller is Prestwick Tennis & Fitness 1 Whinfield Place Prestwick KA9 2TS.
About this document
How we collect your information
- We may collect your personal data in a few limited ways, namely:
- Directly from you, when you fill in an application for membership, when you make enquiries on our website, or when you interact with us during your time as a member in various other ways (for example, where you enter a competition, renew your membership, sign up for a course or lessons);
- From someone else who has applied for membership on your behalf (for example a family member);
- From the LTA (for example, where the LTA passes on your details to us in connection with a complaint or query you have raised about Prestwick Tennis & Fitness).
The types of information we collect
We may collect the following types of personal data about you:
- Contact and communications information, including your contact details (including email address(es), telephone numbers and postal address(es), records of communications and interactions we have had with you), date of birth, school.
- Financial information, (which may include Direct Debit details.)
- Certain other information which you volunteer when making use of your membership benefits (for example, when making court bookings or making use of other Prestwick Tennis & Fitness facilities).
We may also collect data about your health or medical conditions, where you have volunteered this, for example so that we can cater for you when you attend a social event or a course/camp/ gym.
How we use personal data
Personal data provided to us will be used for the purposes set out at the time of collection and, where relevant, in accordance with any preferences you express.
More generally, we will use your personal data for the following purposes:
- Administration of Prestwick Tennis & Fitness membership, including:
o informing you about Prestwick Tennis & Fitness policies and rules, court / facilities opening hours;
o taking payment of membership fees;
- Fulfilment of orders for goods and services, including court bookings;
- Providing Prestwick Tennis & Fitness members with contact details of other members to facilitate team and social match play. This data must not be used for any other purpose by members, for example, but not limited to, making commercial offers, promoting business interests or charitable activities.
- Administration of the Wimbledon ballot;
- Where this is necessary for the performance of a contract (including any written terms and conditions relating to your membership) with you;
- Research and statistical analysis about who is playing tennis, attending classes & the gym at Prestwick Tennis & Fitness;
- Communication about Prestwick Tennis & Fitness news and activities that we think may be of interest to you;
- Storing your details on the software platform we use for Prestwick Tennis & Fitness member management database, website and court booking system.
- Promoting Prestwick Tennis & Fitness and goods and services of relevant third parties (for example operators and organisers of tennis events) where we think this will be of interest to you;
Your marketing preferences
We will always respect your wishes in respect of what type of communications you want to receive from us and how you want to receive them. There are some communications, however, that we need to send you regardless of your marketing preferences in order for us to fulfil our contractual obligations to you as a member of Prestwick Tennis & Fitness. Examples of these essential service communications are:
- Records of transactions, such as payment receipts or Direct Debit confirmations (as applicable).
- Membership related mailings such as your membership renewal reminder, notices of formal meetings and information about venue closures and holiday opening hours.
You are in control of how we communicate with you. You can decide not to receive the Newsletter (although we may still use the Newsletter for essential service communications) or other non-essential service communications and can update your choices and/or your contact details by contacting us at:
Post: Reception, Prestwick Tennis and Fitness, 1 Whinfield Road Prestwick KA9 2TS
Sharing your information with others
We do not sell or share your personal data for other organisations to use other than as set out below.
Personal data collected and processed by us may be shared with the following third parties, where necessary:
- Our employees and volunteers, for the purposes of administering your membership and giving you access to the membership benefits and services to which you are entitled.
- Our contractors and suppliers, including coaches, fitness instructors and any provider of membership management services, court booking and website services
How long your information is kept
We keep your personal data only for as long as necessary for each purpose we use it. For most membership data, this means we retain it for so long as you have a valid Venue membership and for a period of seven years after your last interaction with us (for accounting, tax reporting and record-keeping
Under certain circumstances, by law you have the right to:
- Request access to your personal data (commonly known as a “data subject access request”). This enables you to receive a copy of the personal data we hold about you and to check that we are lawfully processing it.
- Request correction of the personal data that we hold about you. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate information we hold about you corrected.
- Request erasure of your personal data. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal data where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it. You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove your personal data where you have exercised your right to object to processing (see below).
- Object to processing of your personal data where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground. You also have the right to object where we are processing your personal data for direct marketing purposes.
- Request the restriction of processing of your personal data. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of personal data about you, for example if you want us to establish its accuracy or the reason for processing it. You can also withdraw your consent, where this is the basis for our processing your data (without affecting the lawfulness of our previous processing based on consent).
- Request the transfer of your personal data to another party.
Please note that the above rights are not absolute, and we may be entitled to refuse requests where exceptions apply.
How we use collected information
Prestwick Tennis and Fitness collects and uses Users personal information for the following purposes:
- To improve our Site
We continually strive to improve our website offerings based on the information and feedback we receive from you, statistical analysis, market research and site use evaluation
- To improve customer service
Your information helps us to more effectively respond to your customer service requests and support needs.
- To send periodic emails
The email address Users provide will be used to send information (e.g. newsletters) and marketing materials to you on goods and services either requested directly by you through the site or deemed appropriate in accordance with your above consents. If at any time the User would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, we include detailed unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of each email.
Web browser cookies
Third party websites
Users may find advertising or other content on our Site that link to the sites and services of our partners, suppliers, advertisers, sponsors, licensors and other third parties. We do not control the content or links that appear on these sites and are not responsible for the practices employed by websites linked to or from our Site. In addition, these sites or services, including their content and links, may be constantly changing. These sites and services may have their own privacy policies and customer service policies. Browsing and interaction on any other website, including websites which have a link to our Site, is subject to that website’s own terms and policies.
Your acceptance of these terms
By using this Site, you signify your acceptance of this policy. If you do not agree to this policy, please do not use our Site. Your continued use of the Site following the posting of changes to this policy will be deemed your acceptance of those changes.
Contact and complaints
- by email: email@example.com
- by telephone: 01292 474700
- or by post: Janice Rogerson, Prestwick Tennis & Fitness, 1 Whinfield Place Prestwick KA9 2TS If you are not satisfied with how we are processing your personal data, you can make a complaint to the Information Commissioner. You can find out more about your rights under applicable data protection laws from the Information Commissioner’s Office website: www.ico.org.uk